Columbia Grey Iron Casting Company PA. Still Bank
Columbia Grey Iron Casting Company PA. Still Bank, Rare C. Late 1898 Cast Iron Safe with key.
Size 9 x 7 x 6.5 cm
In 1881 the Columbia Grey Iron Company was organized in Mount Joy, PA by Henry S. Stauffer, in company with his brother-in-law S. N. Eaby for the manufacture of his patented post support and Sholl’s reversible blind and shutter drop-hinge. They carried out the business together for a short time when Mr. Eaby withdrew. H.S. Stauffer then conducted affairs under the name of the Grey Iron Casting Company.
In February 1891 H. S. Stauffer sold the business. He remained in the capacity of the manager of the plant until at least 1894 when left to manage the Columbia Grey Iron Company in nearby Columbia. PA. The organization of the new Grey Iron Casting Company was: T. B. Himes, President; John. W. Eshleman, Secretary and Treasurer; Reuben J. Myers, Superintendent. At that time they employed 60 men, although the capacity of the mill was 125.