Kingdom of Italy 50 Lire Banco di Sicilia 1909
Kingdom of Italy 50 Lire Banco di Sicilia
Banco di Sicilia was founded as Banco Regio dei Reali Domini al di là del Faro in 1849 and was renamed in 1860. From 1867 to 1926 the Banco di Sicilia was granted permission to issue legal tender currency (along Bank of Italyand Banco di Napoli).
As public institution it was among the largest banks in Italy, with foreign branches and subsidiaries in United States (Trust Company Bank of Sicily), Libya (Sahara Bank), United Kingdom, Germany, Denmark, France and UAE.